Sunday, April 12, 2009

"Your ego is writing checks your body can't cash"

Speaking of slow Amazon sales, I sold a $30 dollar book today. Never read it, probably paid $50 for it to begin with. But at least it covers the $15 I spent at Wal*mart on Saturday. I was in a particularly foul mood for numerous reasons. First, I need new eyeglasses, second, its almost impossible for me to get a to an optometrist during business hours. A few other things. But I felt better after finding












Top Gun and Rain Man in the five dollar bin at Wal*mart.

Just realized they are both Tom Cruise movies, but, both are personal favorites. Excellent movies, represent a quality that is underrated today. I'm watching Top Gun right now in fact. I wonder how many people went to the Naval Academy because of that movie, I guarantee, more than one. Re-watching it has helped me figure two things out. First, I'm bummed that Charlie isn't a real woman. Second, how much I enjoy going to airshows and seeing fighter jets fly in person. If you haven't done so, I highly recommend it. I saw the Thunderbirds twice since I've been in Kansas City and the Blue Angels once. Blue Angels are better but, be careful though. One time when I was 9 or 10, my Dad and I were planning on going to the airshow one Sunday but decided to go on Saturday instead. It was a good and fateful decision. I plane crashed into the tarmac at that same airshow the on Sunday. Nobody died except the pilot, but, its always better to not be near a plane crash.

Rain Man is another great movie. Dustin Hoffman another of my favorite actors is in that movie too. A girl said I looked like a baby Dustin Hoffman once. Not sure if that is a compliment. Either way, Kmart sucks, Walmart is better.

That gives me an idea for a future post.
My top ten favorite fictional women.

No comments:

Post a Comment