Thursday, February 26, 2009

No Shave November Must Suck

Anyways, in anticipation of my potential match on March 19th, the time when I discover the location of my specialty training, I quit shaving. Because of the need to maintain a professional appearance, I shave no less than every 2nd or 3rd day. This month has been different, I only have to be in clinic on Fridays. Thus, I quit shaving after last Friday, the day that I also certified my rank order list for residency. Facial hair is sexy. Like tans. That's what I'm trying to tell myself. Asian girls seem to disagree, but, I waited all week for the beard lovers to come out of the woodwork. Never happened. I was itching like madness. I recruited three other non-beard growers into the no shave proposition. Today was an itchy day though. I could not stand it anymore. I shaved the beard leaving the stache and goatee though. For now, I am relieved enough that I might keep up until match. Hopefully I notice things change like strangers flirting with me more, or people offering me jobs on the street. More likely I will be accused of looking "mean," and women will guide their children to the opposite side of the street when I walk down the sidewalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment