Friday, May 1, 2009

And We're Back

So after the fiasco with my computer last week I decided to buy a new laptop instead of buying a stolen used or pawned iBook on ebay, I guess it's not really a laptop. I got an ASUS 10.1" netbook. I also got a $15 hard drive enclosure to make my old HD into an external HD.

Here are the specs if you are wondering.


It was a tough decision and a controversial choice.


My rationale:
1. Now I have a portable Windows platform computer that I can keep even after I get a new Mac.
2. $299
3. The hard drive is 4x larger than my last laptop.
4. I still plan to buy a new Mac with my education fund once I start residency.
5. Billy said it was a good choice.

Anyways, I bought some tools from www.ifixit.com
Yesterday I disasemebled the old iBook. It was interesting to see how easily it all comes apart with a screwdriver. Pictures to follow, but now I have the old components listed on ebay.
My ebay store

No comments:

Post a Comment