Friday, January 16, 2009

Choices

I refuse to blog about the weather, but, the single digit temps in KC have activated my survival instinct. More than ever, I have become more aware of the implications of weather good or bad on my life. Yesterday the National Residency Matching Program opened up the website for medical students to rank the places they were interviewed at in order of preference. The first couple of programs on my list are in places that get cold, but not arctic cold. The middle of the list melts with the Florida (3 places), Los Angeles (2), and a little bit of Texas (1). Even places I truly enjoyed in the Summer and Fall (NY, MN), that offerred a great experience, plummeted to the bottom of the list. A friend told me, you cannot overestimate the positive effect 80 degree winters can have on your life. And I said, yes I know, I'm from California. More on this later, I'm getting on a plane for Miami.

2 comments:

  1. you should go for la... its sunny and there's always girls looking cute when you're not inside a hospital... plus you would have a friend like me baking.. all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WISH Monique was MY friend!!!!!

    She is HOT HOT HOT!!!!!!!!! rofl

    ReplyDelete