Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Progress


Well, it has been almost three weeks since I started writing in the blog again. I set some goals for myself back then of things I wanted to achieve before I start work. I think the part that has made the most progress is on the making new friends. I had a great time in Miami with my potential future co-workers. The scene is very different than in Kansas City. In KC I am always distracted by the extreme douchebagery in this town. In Miami, a car drives up and six hot ladies get out. In Kansas City, any hot girl is always accompanied by her boyfriend who is wearing a baseball hat. Every bar has 5 guys for every girl. At the "hot spots" they let fat chicks dance on the tables. In Miami there is no shortage of girls. If you are hungry late at night in KC you go to McDonalds, if you are hungry late at night in South Beach you go where ever you want, Sushi, Gyro, Pizza, Sandwiches, anything, open till 6am. As for building a new wardrobe, I bought one new shirt, its nice, but I think I'm going to need a paycheck to really reach that goal. As for going to NYC, I have a plane ticket to New York tomorrow for my interview on Friday. I am only staying an extra day and coming back Saturday evening since I have another interview in Florida I have to go to on Sunday. At least now I can say I was there even if I don't get to see all that it has to offer. I hope I don't get mugged.
I met some residents and applicants who had been skydiving, I never thought I would consider it, but for some reason I feel like I am missing out. This is clearly a time for change. Interviews are almost over, it has been fun, but, I am so sick of airports. People are incredibly rude and when they are at the airport, it becomes magnified. Like the two women sitting next to me on the plane who began singing like they were playing rock band or something. Or the guy who waws having a conversation with his daughter, that was sitting seven rows in front of us. Or the guy who was having a conversation on his cell phone when the flight attendants already told him to put his phone in the off position. What about the guy who was yelling at people entering the security line because they were walking faster than him to the line entrance. How about the fat man I sat next to who refused to put down the arm rest in between us. And that douche in the pink shirt wearing sunglasses with a backpack that snapped at the flight attendant when she told him he would have to store his backpack in the overhead bin. Turn off your freaking phones people, shut your mouths, and take a nap.

2 comments:

  1. i love going to airports... i love how over dramatic people are about everything, they swear its the end of the world. i always go and enjoy the show. i'm always polite and try to smile and watch out for any suspect peoples who might ruin my flight... its all in the way you look at it.. i had a lady flip me off with both hands as there was traffic. she was really angry for some strange reason and from my rear view mirror i couldnt help but feel sorry for her to get so angry.. she doesnt know what traffic is.. .i'm from la.. i know.

    keep living.. !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you describe about South Beach is a lot of what I liked about Vegas... hot chicks, late night everything, not a lot of rednecks running around spitting skoal everywhere. But - there are things that drag that experience down. Everyone you meet is from somewhere else, everyone you know is on a timer until they move away. People don't understand, sometimes, the need to just be isolated, not talk, and relax.

    Oh and in airports I try my best to be Mr. Polite - but on the plane when you have those idiots, I generally have no problem asking the flight attendant to their job in making sure people aren't acting like assholes...

    ReplyDelete