Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Fitness


So in an effort to gain muscle lose fat I purchased the Iron Gym approximately 1 month ago. I must say that I was skeptical at first, but, if done right, this product is definitely a success. First, I know it looks funny, but it really does hold up in a normal doorway without using any sort of screws or torque into the doorway. I started out barely being able to do 1 or 2 pull ups. Now, on a good day I can do 10 pull ups + 10 chin ups. I doubt that I will be able to replicate this 500-1000% gain next month, but I hope to keep improving. The best part is that, I can crank out a few pull ups during each commercial break. Before I was going to the gym to use the pull up bar which meant getting into my car, driving, parking, getting a towel, lock, then go home. If only working out the abs were as fun as the Iron Gym.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you 100%. it works great. i can only do 3 pullups as of right now but i couldn't do even one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using the bar successfully since Christmas. I leave it up during the day and do ten reps each time I need to pass under the door frame. Today, my sister told me she likes to use it for reverse sit-ups. I asked her to show me how and I watched her monkey up the bar using a nearby dresser to push off of and throw her legs over the bar and hook her feet on the door frame and hang there. I haven't tried it yet, but if I do I'll be sure to use the safety wedge.

    ReplyDelete