Saturday, January 3, 2009

No Meat: Day 3


So three days into my thirty day trial of being a lacto-ovo vegetarian, I feel sick. Woke up at 8am in a daze, I never wake up that early on the weekends unless I have to be at the hospital. The sickness though, it might have had something to do with the half a fifth of Ketel One I drank last night, or the glass of V8 I drank 10 minutes ago. Today at lunch I started feeling dizzy and queasy unlike any feeling I've had before. Hopefully I am not getting dehydrated. I'm trying hard to maintain this for at least a month. I've read that people who go vegetarian or dare I say, even on raw diets, feel much better and have a lot more energy. It's not for ideological or compassionate reasons that I am trying this as I have neither ideas or compassion. But, I am curious to see if I better, so far I don't but that might have more to do with the binging. Of note, last night I tried chewing tobacco, I know it is totally disgusting but it was a curious high for about two minutes that made the room spin. The nucleus accumbens inside my brain must have been firing on all cylinders. I never did the spit in a cup or anything though, I just took it out and brushed my teeth and rinsed my mouth for five minutes afterwards.

Goal for tonight: clean room
Status: fair to nill chance

27 days no animals

1 comment:

  1. perhaps you should do a little cleanse of what meat stuff you have left in your body to start fresh. kinda like that cleanse that i do every year. and there are some really good veggie restaurant these days. and i can give you recipes if you like. if you're in la, houston's has a great veggie burger that is meaty with grains and beets LOL

    ReplyDelete