Sunday, January 4, 2009

No Meat: Day 4


Going strong, I even went out to a restaurant last night and stayed vegetarian. Amy is bringing Del Taco chicken soft tacos with her today from Vegas. This worries me since I've already gotten on a streak. For sure, being vegetarian has made me more interesting in some small way. Yesterday I went to get my hair cut at my roommate's hair girl. Four of my friends go to her because they have a crush on her and she also gives a decent haircut. My friends are telling me this is the best haircut I've had. Anyways, I can be a real serious silent creepy type. Especially when getting my hairs cut. But apparently, she is doing two weeks of being vegan. She looks very ALT, but, we had a great conversation about vegetarian, pescatarian, raw food, detox, binge drinking, New Year's Eve, feeling good. What really impressed me was that she knew what kale is. Even the produce guy at the Sunfresh had no idea what kale was. I'll have to go back to the store and get more kale to make some of those raw food green smoothies. My Aunt gave me this book for christmas, I'm not sure why, http://www.greenforlife.com/ They smell like grass, look like grass, but once you add bananas and oranges it tastes delicious. One pitcher of the stuff goes down fast and I felt less hungry and definitely took in fewer calories on the days that I drank them. Apparently kale, moreso than vegetables is rich in amino acids and vitamins.

No comments:

Post a Comment